The DiSCOVER TRIAL FOR VEDS
Decentralized Study Evaluating Celiprolol on Vascular Ehlers-Danlos Syndrome (VEDS) Related Events.
To pre-qualify for this clinical research study, you must meet the following criteria:
- Must be greater than or equal to 15 years old
- Willing to obtain a magnetic resonance angiogram (MRA) image
- During screening, must have a genetic test performed, via a saliva sample, to confirm the presence of the COL3A1 mutation which will confirm a vEDS diagnosis; you will need a positive test result for Vascular Ehlers-Danlos Syndrome with a COL3A1 gene mutation.
- Must be able and willing to discontinue use of beta blockers under the care of your primary physician
- Should not have had an arterial rupture or dissection, uterine rupture, and/or intestinal rupture within the last 6 months
- Must be willing to complete all study procedures
Please note this is a summary of the main criteria to assess pre-eligibility and is not an exhaustive list.
If you are interested in learning more and would like to be considered for this Vascular Ehlers-Danlos Syndrome treatment study, please click on the orange “Learn More” button at the top right of the page. This button will take you to a new page where we will verify your name and contact information. We will also ask you a few questions that will determine if you may qualify for the Acer Vascular Ehlers-Danlos Syndrome treatment study with celiprolol. If you pre-qualify, a Science 37 Patient Experience Coordinator will contact you within 24 hours via a phone call to discuss the study in more detail and ask a few more questions to further assess your eligibility to participate in the Vascular Ehlers-Danlos Syndrome, DiSCOVER trial.
If you are eligible to participate in this Vascular Ehlers-Danlos Syndrome treatment study, you will participate entirely from home. You will have study visits where a registered nurse will visit your home and study visits conducted with a registered nurse online through a telehealth visit. You will be provided instructions for taking the investigational drug which will be shipped directly to your home. During your participation in the study you will continue your regularly scheduled visits with your primary doctor(s).